When acne hurts, it is because it is inflamed or swollen especially if your acne is cystic. Here are some acne pain relief tips you can use to reduce the swelling, get rid of this skin disease, and prevent it from coming back.
- Put ice directly on the swollen pimple. It will relieve the pain and close the pores in the face to prevent another breakout.
- Clean your face with skin cleanser that contains lime or cucumber. It removes the redness and relieves the swelling.
- Cut a piece of cucumber apply directly on the swelling pimple. Buy a fresh one and leave it in the fridge for about an hour or two. Cucumber will naturally be cold so it will act as a natural acne pain relief.
- Cut lime and extract the juice. Apply to your face as skin tonic and leave it there for about 10 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water to remove the impurities then finish off with cold water to close the pores. You can also choose to apply the cut lime directly on your face, but be prepared this can sting a little.
- Use skin toners with resorcin and salicylic acid which is very effective acne relief. Doing it overnight will make your pimple subside.
- Use skin toners at least three times per day if your face is oily. This will remove the excess sebum from your face which will help avoid future outbreaks.
- Apply aloe vera or its extract all over your face for about 10 minutes. It will remove the impurities and reduce the swelling and burning sensation of the swollen pimple.